In the short period of its existence, IBAB has benefited by the generous donation of time, expertise and finance from several institutions. Each of these contributions has helped us at IBAB raise the bar on achievement and grow the knowledge base in our areas of endeavour. Here, we would like to take the opportunity to place on record our debt of gratitude.
- Key support
• Government of Karnataka (Department of IT, BT and S&T): Core support
• ICICI Bank: Financial assistanc
• AstraZeneca Research Foundation India (AZREFI): Faculty Chair in Cheminformatics
• Biocon: Faculty support
• Merck & Co (MSD Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd. India): Faculty Support
• Department of IT, Ministry of Communications and IT (Government of India)
• Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (Government of India)
• Department of Biotechnology (Government of India)
• Wadhwani Foundation
• Institut Merieux
• Department of IT, Ministry of Communications and IT (Government of India): Centre of Excellence support
• Department of Science and Technology (Government of India): FIST support
• University of Sydney, Australia: Travel support for a faculty member
• Avestha Gengraine Technologies
• Alliance Francaise
• The British Council
• Ernst & Young
• GSK Pharmaceuticas
• Mallya Hospital
Medals and Scholarships
• Anonymous donor: Nabanita Scholarship
• AstraZeneca Research Foundation India: Lectureship and Two Scholarships
• Biocon: One scholarship
• Government of Karnataka: Two scholarships (annually)
• Millipore (India) Pvt. Ltd.: Two scholarships (annually)
• Sartorius (India) Pvt. Ltd.: One scholarship (annually)
• Ms. Sudha Murty: Two medals (annually)
• Accelrys Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd.: Two scholarships (annually)
• Merck & Co (MSD Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd. India): Several scholarships
Other financial support
• Biocon: advertisement support
Individuals of the following institutions have helped in the screening of applicants and/or in the teaching of the postgraduate courses.
• Accelrys Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd
• AstraZeneca Research Centre
• Biocon Ltd./Clinigene Intl. Pvt. Ltd./Syngene Pvt. Ltd.
• Center for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
• Centre for Human Genetics
• Cytogenomics Pvt. Ltd.
• GE John Welch Technology Center
• Genotypic Technology Pvt. Ltd.
• Glaxo Smithkline Pharmaceuticals
• IBM, India
• Indian Institute of Information Technology (Bangalore)
• Indian Institute of Management (Bangalore)
• Indian Institute of Science
• Indian Space Research Organisation
• J. N. Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
• Jubilant Biosys Ltd.
• Monsanto Research Centre
• National Aeronautical Laboratory
• National Centre for Biological Sciences, TIFR
• National Centre for Software Technology
• Prescientis India Pvt. Ltd.
• Quintiles Technologies India Pvt. Ltd.
• Raman Research Institute
• Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics
• Strand Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
• University of Agricultural Sciences, GKVK, Bangalore
• University of Poona
• Vaatsalya Healthcare Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- • Accelrys Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
• Mr. Ashish Kumar Singh, alumnus (twice)
• B2K Corp. Pvt. Ltd.
• Biocon India Ltd.
• Mr. Mahantha Swamy, alumnus
• Millipore (India) Pvt. Ltd.
• Monsanto Research Center
• Strand Genomics Pvt. Ltd.
• Mr. Sushil Kumar Singh, alumnus
- We are grateful to all the organisations and individuals who have hosted our students for their internships. Details of which student was hosted by which company are listed under Alumni.