- “I have successfully finished my internship, from Universite de la Reunion, I am very grateful to you for whatever I am now and thank everyone in IBAB for their unending willingness in making me a good student.”
- “IBAB has played a very crucial role in shaping my career. Thank you for all the insight and encouragement that helped me choose this career path.”
- “IBAB actually helped to transform us into better human beings! We could step out in the world as wiser and confident individuals. The fun filled hostel life and the lifelong friends too are IBAB’s gift to us. I could have expected nothing better.”
- Last date for receiving online applications:
15 May 2018
- Online entrance test:
26 April-28 April 2018
10-12 May 2018
24-26 May 2018
31 May-02 June 2018
- Date of interview:
07-08 May 2018
14-15 May 2018
21-22 May 2018
28-29 May 2018
04-05 June 2018
11-12 June 2018
- Joining date:
16 July 2018
- Make sure the application form is filled in completely and accurately.
- Make sure to attach/send supporting documents.
- Make sure to send application fee by DD/cash/Online (NEFT).
- Make sure to send two copies of your recent photographs.
- Your application will be processed only on receipt of the application fee.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your application number, requesting user name and password.
Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology
Biotech Park, Electronics City, Phase I
Bengaluru – 560100, Karnataka
You can also call us at: 080 28528900/01/02 OR 096118 72946 between 10:00am and 06:00 pm, Monday to Saturday
- Dual specialisation degree (Biotechnology and Bioinformatics) in one MSc course
- Biotechnology: genetic engineering, cell and molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, fermentation, and downstream processing
- Practical hands-on training in biotechnology (including PCR, micro-array, protein chemistry etc.) and bioinformatics (statistics, C, C++, PERL, JAVA, and R)
- Bioinformatics: omics, next gen sequencing, big data analysis, cheminformatics
- Excellent faculty from industry and academia
- Research project as part of curriculum
- Exciting campus life
- Students who are expected to complete their course by June/early July 2018 are also eligible.
- Applicant should have completed a bachelor’s degree (BTech, BE, BSc, MBBS, BDS, BPharm, BAMS) in any subject of science/technology such computer science, chemistry, pharma, physics, mathematics, statistics, biotechnology, zoology, botany, biochemistry, microbiology, agriculture, medicine, dentistry or veterinary sciences.
- The applicant is required to obtain at least 50% (overall) in his/her Bachelor’s degree.
- There is no age bar for applying.
- Step 1: Apply online
- Incomplete forms may be rejected.
- IBAB reserves the right to reject the application if the applicant does not meet the required criteria.
- You must also email email@example.com immediately after submitting the application form.
- Step 2: Online entrance test
- First round of selection is by a simple, multiple choice online entrance test that can be taken from any place (even from your home).
- Step 3: Interview for short-listed candidates at Bengaluru
- Second round of selections is via an interview at IBAB.
- All the original certificates should be produced for verification at the time of interview.
- Step 4: Fee payment and admission
- All fees can be paid through cash, NEFT or by a Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favor of ‘Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology’ payable at Bengaluru. NEFT details are given below.
- You must apply for a migration certificate at your college immediately after completion of your degree course it is required to join the IBAB course.
Note: Admission is liable to be cancelled if any fraudulent records are found even after securing admission. Any fees paid already will not be refunded.