MSc in ‘Bioinformatics & Applied Biotechnology’
Recognised, and the degree awarded by University of Mysore
- Last date for online application:
- Online entrance test:
- Date of interview:
- Joining date:
04-06 June 2014
01-05 July 2014
02 August 2014
- Applicant is required to obtain at least 50% (overall) in his/her Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants with the following degrees are eligible: BSc. BTech, BE, MBBS, BDS, BPharm or any other degrees.
- The eligible subject areas are: Life sciences, biotechnology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, statistics, any branch of engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, agriculture, medicine, dentistry and veterinary sciences.
There is no age bar for applying.
- For students from India : 500/-
- For NRI/foreign students: 1000/-
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- Incomplete forms are liable to be rejected.
- IBAB reserve the right to reject the application if the applicant does not meet the required criteria.
- Selection is based on (i) an online entrance test taken from any place and (ii) an interview at IBAB.
- Application fee is to be paid through cash or by a Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favor of ‘Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology’ payable at Bangalore.
- Application will be processed only on receipt of the application fee.
- All the original certificates should be produced for verification at the time of interview.
- You must apply for a Migration certificate immediately after completion of your degree course as it is required when you join IBAB.
- Foreign students should follow the instructions applicable to NRI candidates.
ONLINE ENTRANCE TEST:
- Applicants have to take the online entrance test. They can take the test from any place where a good internet connection is available.
- Login and password are necessary to take the online test. These will be sent to the applicants only on receipt of application fee and through e-mail only.
- It is recommended and encouraged that the applicants take first a TRIAL ONLINE TEST before the final test to familiarize themselves with the online test.
- Online test includes questions from different subjects as the course is open to applicants from diverse backgrounds.
- Duration of the test is for 100 minutes. There will be no negative marks in the entrance test.
- For any queries regarding online entrance test, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for sample question paper
INTERVIEW AT IBAB:
- Only candidates who qualify in the Entrance test will be called for the Interview at Bangalore.
- Candidates are advised to reserve train tickets soon after applying, to avoid last minute rush.
- Candidates selected for interview should bring with them:
- A valid photo ID such as Driving License, Pan card, Passport OR Voter’s ID card
- Original marks sheets and degree certificate.
GUIDELINES TO FILL UP THE APPLICATION
- Mark the appropriate option with a tick in the boxes provided.
- Write name and address in block letters. Please leave a space between any two words.
- Candidates should fill in the name as it appears in their degree certificate and avoid abbreviations.
- Write clearly the valid e-mail IDs that you use most often. This is critical to get login and password details to write the on line test.
- Only photocopies of mark-sheets starting from 10th standard onwards up to the highest degree obtained are to be enclosed, with proof of date of birth, along with the application.
- Do not send original mark sheets or certificates or any other document.
- Additional supporting document (photocopy only) is to be submitted by NRI/foreign candidates for proof of NRI/foreign status
- Applicants are encouraged to fill up the application form online. They should follow it up and immediately send the DD for application fee, 2 passport size photos and photocopies of mark sheets, by post/courier.
- Applicants who cannot apply online can apply by downloading the application form. Other requirements are as above.
- Make sure the application form is filled in completely and accurately.
- Make sure to attach/send supporting documents.
- Make sure to send application fee by DD/Cash.
- Make sure to send two copies of your recent photographs.
- Your application will be processed only on receipt of the application fee.
Post/courier the application form to the address given below:
Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology
Biotech Park, Electronics City, Phase I
Bangalore – 560100, Karnataka
You can also call us at: 080-285 289 00/01/02 OR 096118 72946
between 10:00am and 06:00 pm, Monday to Saturday